[vdr] EPIA SP + budget hardware mpeg2/4 acceleration?

tony tony at tgds.net
Wed Mar 2 13:42:24 CET 2005

Le mercredi 02 mars 2005 à 13:18 +0100, Leo Márquez a écrit :

> I'm thinking to buy a EPIA SP (when it's be available) to work with VDR.
> My question is if VDR can use EPIA SP mpeg2 and mpeg4 accelerator that
> provides the CN400 chipset that comes with EPIA SP or I have to wait
> someone to develope a VDR plugins and linux drivers for CN400 chipset (I
> think it's inlcuded in 2.6 kernels).

You will need to wait until the unichrome project (sourceforge is your
friend =:-D) has the mpeg4 stuff working. I don't think they have the
docs from VIA yet.

> I want to use a budget card and save some money but I don't want use
> softdevice because EPIA SP provide the CN400 with this functionality.
> I hope you understand my explanations. Sorry about my english.

I am using Epia M 10000 with VDR 1.3.21n vdr-xine 0.7.1 and a Skystar2.
The mpeg2 acceleration uses between 10-15% CPU with either DVD or DVB-S
mpeg2 streams. I don't have access to mpeg4 streams.

Cheers

Tony