[vdr] EPIA SP + budget hardware mpeg2/4 acceleration?

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at e-dition.fr
Wed Mar 2 17:54:23 CET 2005

Leo Márquez a écrit :
> En/na tony ha escrit:
>> I have a hush. My home office is in the living room and it is on all the
>> time. No fan = no noise. I am thinking of making a second Epia machine
>> without hard drive for just watching TV. It would also be a network
>> stream client for DVDs and recordings on the main VDR machine. It will
>> be in the bedroom.
>>
> What kind of cpu are you using that not needs fan? It's possible have
> the nehemia processor without fan?
> You don't have any fans in the case?

I personnaly have an EPIA M10000 in a CD-audio case, with no processor
fan, but a 8cm low-speed extractor fan above a big heatsink on the
processor.
That's not silent, but really acceptable, particularly when stored
inside the hifi piece of furniture.
See http://nicolas.huillard.net/vdr/photos/ for photos.

--
NH