[vdr] Tivo patent info

jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
Fri Mar 4 10:15:22 CET 2005

> >>TIVO GRANTED EIGHT NEW DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN PATENTS The
> United States
> >>Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) recently issued new patents to
> >>TiVo covering important aspects of DVR software and hardware design.
> >

> > What can I say but Aaaaaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!
> >
> > What was that Clash song again? "I'm so bored with the U.S.A."...
>
> Well, thanks to the EU commission that has repeatedly ignored
> the EP decisions, we're going the same route.

And again if open source communities have made such features and published them
before the date Tivo applied for patent, that is the easy way of removing the
patent.

USPTO doesn't check google for that stuff.. :-) They take money from
companies by allowing them to patent things, and decide later if that
patent was a valid one.

BR, Jori