[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.1.0pre1
stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Fri Mar 4 21:31:02 CET 2005
I'm pleased to announce a new pre-release of vdr softdevice plugin.
In short words: softdevice plugin is for getting vdr to your desktop with
so called budget cards. You'll get vdr output via framebuffer or X11-Xv or
DirectFB or vidix to your screen. Decoding is done via ffmpeg.
For compile options, please read the Makefile carefully and decide which of
the available output methods fit to your system.
Plugin's homepage is located at: http://softdevice.berlios.de/
Changelog since last release:
- some i18n changes
- fb-out: fix for build option USE_SUBPLUGINS
fix alpha mask misplacement
fix locking during video and OSD drawing
- increased osd fallback timeout
- removed syoff and sxoff from Draw(...)
- save "vo" and "ao" calling args in setup store.
- new runtime arg "-L path_name". Default set in Makefile to: "./PLUGINS/lib"
- USE_SUBPLUGINS is now default build option
- dfb-out: fix for segfault on via unichrome with current DirectFB cvs.
- vidix-out: fix segfaults upon switch from software OSD back to pseudo mode.
match available fourcc against selected.
support for YUY2 added (without soft alpha [todo]).
- all-out: unified constuctor parameter
optionaly output method is loaded at runtime. by this, one can
build and ship binaries with all methods enabled to target
enviroments where not all libs are present.
- removed obsolete OSD option "sync on" (I-frame/all frames).
- support for DIRECTCOLOR framebuffer ( most ATI cards, tested with Mach64)
- fixed osd flickering in framebuffer mode vdr>1.3.7
- software alpha blending implemented for Vidix (vdr>1.3.7)
- software alpha blending done in software for Xv out and vdr>1.3.7
- osd scaling for vdr and Xv >1.3.7
- a/v sync: auto adjusting back index instead of using fixed value 4
- dfb-out: fix for field parity in tv-out mode
- xv-out: fix compile warnings on amd64 (reported by Konrad Naumann)
- added suspend video playback patch.
- fix OSD drawing when multiple areas are used (with text2skin plugin)
- dfb out: reverted top-field first setting as it may crash
- removed some unused code
- subtract already spend time from delay before entering delay loop
(found by Stefan Lucke)
- audio pts calculation changed to use sample rate and number of channels
- compatibility fix for vdr-1.3.18
- aspect ratio handling for 16:9 TV output
- dfb-out TVout: set top field first and acpect scaleing for TV mode if not set
- fix aspect ratio calculation/recognition on some dvds
By subscribing to the to cvs list via
you'll get informed about lastest changes.
For those who are interested in active development, subscribing to
is a good choice.
Members of softdevice development crew are:
Torgeir Veimo, Martin Wache and me, Stefan Lucke.
More information about the vdr