[vdr] streamdev-cvs bugs & fixes

Sascha Volkenandt lists at magoa.net
Sun Mar 6 14:25:40 CET 2005

Am Sonntag, 6. März 2005 12:55 schrieb Stefan Lucke:
> error:
> 	streamdev-cvs server "pure virtual method called"
> fix:
> 	streamdev-cvs-server.diff
>
> pending bug:
> 	server does not switch channel upon client request. only channels from
> 	current (server side) transponder could be selected.

Probably these two work together. Your patch doesn't really fix this issue
(which btw. doesn't happen with gcc 2.95) because still only the base method
is called (which does nothing now instead of throwing the pure virtual error)
and not, as it should, the derived method.

I assume this is a compiler bug, since the error should be caught at
compile-time (I can't see any error though, since the called object is a
derivation and the method is derived, too). Anyway, if I "shift around" those
methods a bit, it throws a "pure virtual method" error with gcc 2.95, but not
with gcc 3.x.

Greetings,
Sascha