[vdr] bouquet field in channels.conf

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Tue Mar 8 15:10:46 CET 2005

Roberto Sebastiano wrote:

>>>channel line is:
>>>
>>>Provider - ChannelName;Bouquet
>>
>>Actually it's "long name,short name;provider" (see man vdr(5)).
>

> That's not what the scan utility prints.
> The format given by scan with the -p option is
> Provider - ChannelName:field2:field3:...
>
> where, as you said, provider == bouquet
>
> So, what's the correct syntax ?

man vdr(5) of version the current developer version says:

        The  fields  in a channel definition have the following meaning (from left
        to right):

        Name   The channel's name (if the name originally contains a ':' character
               it  has  to be replaced by '|').  Some tv stations provide a way of
               deriving a "short name" from the channel name, which can be used in
               situations  where  there  is  not  much space for displaying a long
               name. If a short name is available for this channel, it follows the
               full name and is delimited by a comma, as in

               RTL Television,RTL:...

               If  present,  the  name  of  the  service  provider or "bouquet" is
               appended to the channel name, separated by a semicolon, as in

               RTL Television,RTL;RTL World:...

Klaus