[vdr] DXR3, which versions to select?

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Tue Mar 8 15:11:39 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 09:06, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> The most glaring DXR3 plugin problems I'm aware of are:

- DVB subtitles keep losing sync. Setting a delay of 3 seconds appears to
be pretty accurate but it'll drift out in an hour or two. Annoying as
hell. Also subtitles in recordings go out of sync when fast forwarding or
rewinding.  With the automatic timing thing the subtitles will just flash
on the screen for about 0.01 seconds and disappear.

There was a site I can't find anymore that had some kind of a timing patch
for the plugin (also a patch called "braindeadtv" that made everything
come out in 16:9 for those not lucky enough to have an adv7170) and I
really didn't see it fixing anything either. Maybe I misunderstood the
concept or something.

Doesn't anyone else get this or is it thought of as a minor irritation not
worth mentioning?

- The OSD support is not as complete as on a full feature dvb card. There
are ~always glitches. Teletext for example shows most pages with parts
transparent where they shouldn't be etc. And you can just forget about
using plugins like osdpip or osdimage.