[vdr] DXR3, which versions to select?

Tommi Riikonen orttori at saunalahti.fi
Tue Mar 8 16:52:33 CET 2005

My setup is the following:
HW: Hauppauge Nexus S ff-card, Hauppauge WinTV Nova T and Hollywood+ card
SW: Fedora Core 1, DVB drivers v1.1.1, VDR v1.3.21 and following patched
versions from http://cachalot.mine.nu/src/dxr3/: em8300-20041117-patched and
vdr-dxr3-0.2.3-pre3-cvs20040913-patched. I do also have ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1
and MPlayer-1.0pre6a installed.

Everything works fine with VDR+DXR3 plugin when I don't have the Nexus S ff
card installed, but after I install the card I don't get any audio (analog
or digital) out of DXR3. I either don't get any audio from Hauppauge's audio
out. However when I play a video file with mplayer through DXR3 I get the
audio correctly.

So there is something wrong with the VDR & DXR3 plugin & FF card. Do you
have any suggestions what to try? I use DXR3 to get S-video out from my
system to get the better picture quality.

-Tommi