[vdr] bitstreamout-0.70 and vdr-1.3.21

Dr. Werner Fink werner at suse.de
Thu Mar 10 14:13:32 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 03:55:11PM +0200, Per Mellander wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:03:17 +0100, Dr. Werner Fink wrote
> > > current channel PCM (1)  -> vdr crash
> >
> > Which CPU AMD64 or i686 aka 32bit?
> 32bit
> >
> > > current channel DD  (33) -> recorded material play without sound
> > >
> > > The audio meny is very intermittent when using bitstreamout. By this I
> mean
> > > that the OSD dpid selection does not show up all the time. Has this been
> > > corrected in 1.3.22
> >
> > Yep, it should work with 1.3.22.  At least I've never seen a crash
> > with 1.3.22.  The delay problem with MP2 is know but it is not that
> > easy to fix.  On the other hand: using the direct way of connecting
> > the S/P-DIF out on J2 of the DVB FF to the S/P-DIF in of the sound
> > card works flawless, e.g. is in sync.
> Then I'll try with direct connecting and 1.3.22. I have one FF with J2, and
> another with 'true' coax output ( aka. Nexus ). Can I loop the Nexus thru
> soundcard aswell?

Depends on your sound card, if it has a S/P-DIF in connector on
the out side of its slot sheet metal and is able to handle the
S/P-DIF out of the Nexus, it should work.

You have to play with amixer to get a corredt setting to loop
through the data from the S/P-DIF in connector to the
S/P-DIF out connector.  See the mute scripts in the
mute directory for some examples.  But note: These _are_ examples
and be aware the the sound card never modifies the data
streams for AC3 (no resampling, no clipping, no washing of so what
ever kind).

AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958
         a  peeing section in a swimming pool." -- Edward Burr