[vdr] bitstreamout-0.70 and vdr-1.3.21

Dieter Bloms dieter at bloms.de
Fri Mar 11 08:33:17 CET 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 10, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

> > it is in sync, but the pcm headers are wrong with ac3 stream.
>
> What does wrong mean?  IMHO the headers which bitstreamout
> produce should be correct accordingly to IEC 61937.  This
> works with AC3, DTS and even with MP2 Audio. Only for the
> later one my AV receiver has no auto detection which
> requires switching my AV receiver into MP2 Audio mode by hand.

The nonaudio bit is not set and my sony amplifier stumble on it.

> This is what a sound card should do with loop through, that means
> redirect the data from its S/P-DIF in to its S/P-DIF out _without_
> modifying (e.g. _NO_ resampling, clipping or so whatever sound
> `washing' which kill the pure compressed data).

I know, but I want the soundcard to modifying the pcm data, so that the
nonaudio bit is set.
My amplifier works great With your bitstreamout plugin, but I can't get
the sound in sync. And with loopthrough the nonaudiobit isn't set :(
I use the soundcard "C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)".

--
Gruß

  Dieter