[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] xine-0.7.2 plugin via network without streamdev

peter_weber69 peter_weber69 at lycos.de
Fri Mar 11 10:32:09 CET 2005

> Von :: "Rantanen Teemu" <teemu.rantanen at tekla.com>
> An :: "Klaus Schmidinger's VDR" <vdr at linuxtv.org>
> Betreff: RE: [vdr] [ANNOUNCE] xine-0.7.2 plugin via network without streamdev
> Datum: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:24:06 +0200

> <pre>syrius.ml at no-log.org wrote:
> > we've already noticed an issue with live-pausing :) and it seems
> vdr+networked-xine
> > doesn't like when the xine ui is not correctly closed.
> > (it freezes vdr, kill -9 is the only solution)
>
> There is a flaw in the socket code, which leads to a deadlock. Try this
> patch, works for me now...

> PS. Keep up the good work! This is exacly what I needed. I could finally
> drop streamdev, which never really worked...
>

>      Teemu
>
> </pre>

Hi Teemu,
thank's for the DeadLockFix.
with your patch xine over network runs very stable, a full 3 hours. no crash

i'm also patched vdr with reinhards vdr-1.3.18-replay.patch and compiled it with
make OPTIMIZE_STRIP_AUDIO_PACKETS=1 HDTV_SUPPORT=1

bye
peter

Leben Sie gesund? Gesundheit bei Lycos! Neu! - http://www.lycos.de/life/gesundheit/