[vdr] schedule oddness

Jouni Karvo jouni.karvo at tkk.fi
Sat Mar 12 13:05:36 CET 2005

Sergei Haller writes:

 > IIRC, the DVB EPG contains an event id for every event (schedule entry),
 > which is used to identify events and changes. So if the start time
 > changes, they send the same event with the same event id and a different
 > start time, and thete are no dublicates.

In principle, yes.  In practice, either there is a bug somewhere in
VDR/vdradmin or the broadcasters are not doing it that way.

I do not use any outside sources but still get duplicate timers (or in
worst cases even four) from vdradmin.  This leads to a question:

In the case where at some channel the schedule changes so that the
event ids are changed for the programs, does VDR delete old events
from its data structures?

yours,
		Jouni