[vdr] schedule oddness

Sean Carlos seanc at libero.it
Sat Mar 12 20:11:28 CET 2005

Craig Sanders wrote:

>i've noticed duplicates in the schedule listing in vdr.
>
>...cut...
>

>imported by xmltv2vdr, the DVB listing is added to the schedule, so i
>end up with schedules like the following:
>
>12:00 - 12:30 Stateline                  [1]
>12:03 - 12:30 Stateline                  [2]
>12:30 - 13:00 Australian Story           [3]
>12:30 - 13:00 Australian Story           [4]

...cut...

If the program times and / or the titles are not exact, there's very little magic VDR can do.  I am using xmltv2vdr and it works very well - but the data I'm using (Radio Times for the UK BBC) seems to be the same as that which is eventually transmitted - thus no conflicts.  I have NOT seen cases such as the Australian Story in your example: are there trailing spaces?  FYI, I'm using 1.3.22.

The alternative is to populate VDR's EPG ONLY using external programs such as xmltv2vdr.  This may require a patch to VDR - I haven't needed this function so I'm not sure how to go about it.

Sean