[vdr] VDR-1.3.22: Bug in cDolbyRepacker concerns today's HDTV event on ProSieben HD

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Sun Mar 13 12:47:24 CET 2005

Hi,

while looking forward to this evenings HDTV event 'Spiderman' on
ProSieben HD I've just discovered a bug in my cDolbyRepacker which drops
almost every audio PTS.

Some more details:
ProSieben HD broadcasts audio PES packets which may contain incomplete
AC3 frames (dolby audio). The remainder of such a frame will then be at
the beginning of the   n e x t   audio PES packet and afterwards the (a
fragment) of the   n e x t   AC3 frame will follow.

If such a next audio PES packet had a PTS, it got dropped instead of
beeing applied to the next AC3 frame.

The result was that AC3 frames didn't have PTS for several seconds and
thus made e. g. xine think of audio discontinueties.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de