[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] xine-0.7.2 plugin via network without streamdev

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Sun Mar 13 22:21:10 CET 2005

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> computer and share the same recording directory. VDR Master provides
> access to all DVB devices and VDR Slaves take care of OSD and transfer

> mode for vdr-xine.

This is a different thing. What I was trying to suggest, was to toggle
OSD skin depending on if there actually is xine connected to xine-plugin
or not.

Normally:

	VDR-xineplugin <====> xine (video+OSD)

When xine disconnected:

      VDR-xineplugin <=====>
       /\
       \/
      OSD (on xterm where VDR was started, using skincurses plugin)

And yes, it is a matter of VDR to do this, but VDR does not know when
xine is connected, so it is a matter of xine-plugin to toggle between
normal OSD skin and curses skin.

If you haven't tried skincurses, try running VDR with -P skincurses and
toggle OSD skin to curses. It's not perfect, but I've found it useful.

I run VDR on xterm on vncserver, to which I can connect to (even from
internet using ssh tunneling) operate VDR. I also run vdradmin which I
could use to do most things, but for a single timer this is usually
faster.

					Teemu