[vdr] vdr-1.3.22: channel not available. why?

Stefan Taferner taferner at kde.org
Mon Mar 14 09:57:57 CET 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 09:47, Grégoire Favre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the same bug, and I was thinking it was introduced with the
> configurable LNB sharing patch, but you are right, without the patch I
> have the same problem.
> My system has 2 FF as first card and one budget as third one, but the
> primary device is the fourth pseudo one for xine.

Without knowing the exact details how vdr selects where to record
from, I think a correct solution would be:

a) is there a card recording on that transponder, then use that card
b) is there a free card without CI that can record it, then use that card
c) use the next best card, with the primary card last

I think it is necessary to have that checking for a CI. Otherwise
it wont work well on systems that have mixed CI and non-CI cards.
Or two cards with different CI (e.g. premiere + orf).

Kind regards,
Stefan