[vdr] vdr-1.3.22: channel not available. why?

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Mon Mar 14 10:25:15 CET 2005

Stefan Taferner wrote:
> I think it is necessary to have that checking for a CI. Otherwise
> it wont work well on systems that have mixed CI and non-CI cards.
> Or two cards with different CI (e.g. premiere + orf).

This sounds good, at least it would fix this for me.

In the meantime I modified for-loop in cDevice::GetDevice() to:

	for (int i = numDevices-1; i >= 0; i--)

My full-card (with CI) is the first device, followed by 2 budget cards
(non-CI). Now budget cards will be selected if they are free and can
receive the channel.

You should consider this as a (very) temporary solution, which may or
may not help you (depending on the order of DVB cards in your system).
For the real fix, wait for what Klaus has to say...

					Teemu