[vdr] vdr 1.2.6 and viaccess

tarass at club-internet.fr tarass at club-internet.fr
Mon Mar 14 14:36:17 CET 2005

Le 03/14/2005 01:52 PM, Manu Abraham a joliment écrit :
> tarass at club-internet.fr wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have actually vdr 1.2.6 with a nexus-s and mediaguard cam-ci for
>> canal+ working very well.
>> I'd to add a new CI device for tps, what is the protocol to do this ?
>> Is there some one who have this on his box ?
> Can you please explain, why was it necessary to add a "new" CI device
> for TPS ?
> Maybe we already have it ?

The nexus-s is connected to a cam by large wire.
One can plug two ci modules (pcmcia card) in this cam to descramble
crypted channels. I plugged in an aston mediaguard ci-modules to
descramble canal+ channels on astra (work fine), and I manage to connect
an tps (hotbird) compliant ci-module to descramble tps channels.

I'd like to know what ci-module is compatible withe nexus cam for tps
use ? and if there is any driver, patch to apply ?

I surch around and I did'nt find precise stuff.

    Powered           .~.
    by Linux          /V\
  solutions for     /(   )\
  smart penguins     ^`~'^