[vdr] vdr-1.3.22: channel not available. why?

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Mon Mar 14 14:47:06 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, [iso-8859-1] Grégoire Favre wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have the same bug, and I was thinking it was introduced with the
>configurable LNB sharing patch, but you are right, without the patch I
>have the same problem.
>My system has 2 FF as first card and one budget as third one, but the
>primary device is the fourth pseudo one for xine.

I have seen the same bug. We have to FF DVB-c cards and one CAM connected
to the primary card. Yesterday I had two timers at the same time, of which
one was recording an encrypted show. This worked well until VDR decided to
restart, and after the restart the non-encrypted recording always "took"
the primary card (with the CAM), so the second recording that needed the
CAM couldn't continue. I had to manually turn off the non-encrypted
recording and then restart so that VDR gave the card with the CAM to the
correct recording, and then manually reenable the non-encrypted one.

--
Somewhere around the place I've got an unfinished short story about
Schroedinger's Dog; it was mostly moaning about all the attention the cat