AW: [vdr] bitstreamout 0.70 and vdr 1.3.22

Roland Praml pram2000 at web.de
Mon Mar 14 16:52:22 CET 2005

Hi Werner,

>> The recording should be OK because mplayer can decode the AC3
>> stream. Live-ac3 and replaying of older recordings does work, too.
>
> Q: Does the recording include AC3, that means that the
> setup should be configured with UseDolbyDigital = `yes'.

yes the recording contains AC3:
mplayer can replay the file with ac3
vdr -a 'ac3dec -P' can replay it, too

I've figured out if I replay the file with vdr, the bso(replay) thread
doesn't start with newer recordings

AC3 replay is done then over the spdif of the dvb-card but my receiver
doesn't support the strange bitformat (AC3 frames wrapped in PCM)

Roland