[vdr] bitstreamout 0.70 and vdr 1.3.22

Dr. Werner Fink werner at suse.de
Tue Mar 15 12:00:16 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:49:01AM +0100, Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
>
> > The bitformat over the dvb-card is exactly the same as in the bso
> > plugin.  The only difference is that the bso plugin force the
> > sound card to set the nonlinear status bit in the S/P-DIF
> > transport layer.
>
> can this be done with loopthrough, so that the soundcard set this bit ?

I don't know.  AFAIK there is no switch in the ALSA drivers around
there to do this.  Maybe because no sound card can do this or
maybe most people do not need that.

> or may it be possible to grab the data in userspace area and redirect it
> to the soundcard in realtime.
> So the soundcard has to generate new headers and is able to set the
> nonlinear status bit and the sound will be in synca ?

Depends on you soundcard.  If it is possible to capture and play
at the same time with your sound card it is possible.  The only
problem which remains ... doing this in real time will be IMHO
very unlikely.

      Werner