[vdr] vdr-xine and AC3 Audio

Daniel THOMPSON daniel.thompson at st.com
Thu Mar 17 12:08:57 CET 2005

Hi Folks

I am currently running vdr, vdr-dvd and vdr-xine on one machine and
running the xine based display on another machine. Unfortunately the
machine running vdr is a bit gutless and decoding AC3 appears to tax it
a bit too much (video is smooth until I switch of Dolby in the DVD menu).

It is possible to adapt vdr-xine to have xine decode the AC3 stream on
the more powerful display machine?

--
Daniel Thompson (STMicroelectronics) <daniel.thompson at st.com>
1000 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4SQ. 01454 462659

If a car is a horseless carriage then is a motorcycle a horseless horse?