[vdr] vdr-xine and AC3 Audio

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Thu Mar 17 15:50:02 CET 2005

Daniel THOMPSON wrote:
> I am currently running vdr, vdr-dvd and vdr-xine on one machine and
running the xine based display on another machine. Unfortunately the

I have a similar situation, and this is not a solution, merely a
suggestion...

If you are already running xine, why don't you use it to play DVDs
natively? In my experience xine has less problems with DVDs (especially
some new dvd-menus) than vdr-dvd plugin.

I have a kludge which toggles xine between VDR and DVD modes using
TV/DVD buttons in my remote, and I have a different remote keymap
configuration for both these modes.

					Teemu