[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-epgsearch-0.9.0
cwieninger at gmx.de
cwieninger at gmx.de
Sat Mar 19 08:50:28 CET 2005
here's a new release of the epgsearch plugin.
You can find it here:
2005-03-19: Version 0.9.0
- new search mode 'regular expressions' (POSIX(default) or Perl compatible by
compiler switch HAVE_PCREPOSIX in the Makefile, see README - Installation)
- new search mode 'match exactly' to simplify matching of short search terms
- new option for search timers: 'only annouce' will not add a timer,
but display an OSD message about the found event
- new progressbar in 'what's on next', that displays the time span to
the next event (0 minutes(=100%) to max. 30 minutes(=0%))
- timer conficts can now be checked in the background and are
displayed via OSD after each search timer scan (requires a recent
timeline plugin running)
- key blue in search results now toggles between "only FTA" and "all
channels" (to hide results from pay tv channels)
- removed some superfluous search timer modifications
- finnish translation, thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg
- updated README and added a description of the search process
- shifted version number to allow subversions
What is it about?
EPG-Search can be used as a replacement for the default schedules
menu entry. It looks like the standard schedules menu, but adds some
- Commands for EPG entries with 5 built-in commands like 'show repeats',
'create search'. One can add own commands for other needs, like adding a
- Add up to 4 user-defined times to 'now' and 'next'
- Searching the EPG: Create reusable queries, which can also be used
as 'search timers'.
- Search timers: Search for broadcasts in the background and add a
timer if one matches (similar to VDRAdmin's auto-timers) or simply
make an annoucement about it via OSD
- Progress bar in 'What's on now' and 'What's on next'
- Shift the time displayed by keypress, e.g. 'What's on now' + 30 minutes
- Start menu can be setup between 'Schedule' or 'What's on now'
- background check for timer conflicts (requires a recent timeline plugin)
Works only for vdr-1.3.x (x>=7). Tested on 1.3.10 to 1.3.21.
Parts of the sources are based on the repeating-EPG patch
from Gerhard Steiner, who gave me the permission to use them
(thanks for his work!).
More information about the vdr