[vdr] mp3-plugin and mp2-streaming

Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Sat Mar 19 10:06:59 CET 2005

On 15 Mar 2005 "Burkhardt Petermann" <bpetermann at xyware.de> wrote:

> I've a problem with streaming from a small DAB-Server (with mp2s) since VDR
> 1.3.22 and mp3-plugin 0.9.11:
[...]
> mp3: decode delayed 1001 ms

This time delay leads to the get timeout of the async network
read ringbuffer. I don't think that it's related to the format of
the input data (mp2/mp3).

I'm not absolutely sure, but I guess that the problem is caused
by a combination of (probably low) data delivery rate of the DAB
server and VDR's own ringbuffer control (which effectively
requires that the buffer is atleast 1/3 full).

I don't know which side effects it would cause, if the ringbuffer
control is changed. A work around could be, to change the timeout
used by the mp3 plugin.
In network.c around line 210, change SetTimeout(1000,1000) into
SetTimeouts(100,100).

Success?

Regards.

--