[vdr] Channels with different language on L/R channels

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Mar 20 12:04:29 CET 2005

Tomas Prybil wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> Tomas Prybil wrote:

>>> Yeah and it works OK for the Cartoon channel! The kids can now listen
>>> to swedish only instead of an mix of languages.
>>> The problem is when I have enabled the new functionality some of the
>>> channels looses audio alltogether :(
>>

>> What do you mean by "enabled the new functionality"?
>

> I mean version 1.3.22 that to me have the new functionality regarding
> the ability to choose specific sound channel. By enabling I mean when I
> actually select order of preferred sound tracks. If I strip the
> AudioLanguages = sve eng from setup.conf I assume that languge track
> handling is *disabled* and back to old behaviour.

This setting merely controls which audio track gets selected when you
initially switch to a channel. Once at that channel, you can always
bring up the Audio menu and switch between the various audio tracks,
with either the Up/Down keys (for the different audio PIDs) or Left/Right
(in case a track has two different languages on both stereo channels).

Maybe you just need to select a different audio track with Up/Down.

Klaus