[vdr] Showing aspect ratio or providing automatic widescreen switching signals

Mark Watson linuxtv at foft.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 17:31:23 CET 2005

I just got a widescreen TV and put VDR in 16:9 mode. However there is still a
lot of content still in 4:3 mode and it sometimes takes me a while to spot
the short/fat people and switch the TV! It would help to see the aspect on
the overlay when switching channels. Are there any plugins or patches that
show the aspect on the overlay? Even better, are there any plugins that deal
with providing automatic 16:9/4:3 switching signals for Scart leads? Of
course a hardware mod would be required...

Thanks,

Mark

Apologies for people on non-threaded mail programs who saw this message
already. I incorrectly posted response to the "MP3 plugin and MP2 streaming"
instead of creating a new thread (Hadn't realised how threading on mailing
lists worked!).