[vdr] A gap in recording on PID change

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Sun Mar 20 23:26:53 CET 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I guess the best thing to do would be to complain to the broadcaster.
> The PIDs should be set correctly _before_ the programme starts.

Just wondering, does it read on some DVB standard that PIDs must not
change in the middle of a program? Or that the language of a PID must
not change?

I'd say most of the recording restarts (which I get) are unnecessary as
the language update does not have an affect on the PIDs that are
recorded.

Would it be difficult to check if any of the changes actually make a
change in PIDs that are recorded? If not, then there's no point in
restarting the recording.

And yes, this has been discussed earlier, but it has to be in the old
mailing list archive :-)

					Teemu