[vdr] vdr on dreambox dm7025 ?

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Mon Mar 21 16:09:21 CET 2005

Dieter Bloms wrote:
> does anybody knows, if vdr runs on the dreambox hardware like dm7025 ?
> I'am planing to buy one if vdr runs on it.

Sorry for speculating: I really have no hands-on experience with
the dreambox. But AFAIK the dreambox is a more powerful dbox2
(faster processor, more memory, faster network, but in principle
identical). If that is true, I'd be surprised if vdr runs well
on it. As you know, I tried running vdr on a dbox2 and gave up,
because vdr relies on features the PC DVB driver has and the
dbox2 DVB driver does not.

I'll be glad to be corrected, though.

Carsten.