[vdr] Helsinki HTV HD1 and VDR? (HDTV channel)

Petri Helin petri.j.helin at welho.com
Tue Mar 22 12:56:06 CET 2005

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:54:16AM +0200, Petri Helin wrote:
>
> > I think the media players are to blame here. At least Xine seems to have
> > difficulties with HDTV material. Have you tried recording with other
> programs
> > besides vdr? For example you could try recording with dvbstream to see if
> the
> > problem is with vdr.
>
> Well, I can play perfectly HDTV material with xine and mplayer here,
> without any problem :-)
> --
> 	Grégoire Favre

I may have been a bit vague there. What I meant was that Xine (at least, don't
know about kaffeine or mplayer) puts a very heavy load on the CPU while playing
HDTV material and that could be the reason for the blockiness.
Also the definition of HDTV material is quite flexible. 1920x1080 is a lot more
information to deal with than 1280x720. I think EURO1080/HD1 uses 1080i format.

-Petri