[vdr] Gentoo initscript problems ?

Grégoire Favre Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:58:09 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 06:01:24PM +0100, Grégoire Favre wrote:

> And this /etc/init.d/vdr :
>             su $VDRUSR -c "nice -n -1 $VDRPRG $LOGLEVEL $VDRTTY $LIBDIR \

Here was the problem : launching vdr with a nice of -1 and I can't play
recordings smoothly with xine (with xawtv there was no problem).
I don't understand why I got this behaviour, I have a really fast
computer and with a nice of -1, vdr took about 60% of my CPU (not xine,
really vdr, and I have this with vanilla 1.3.2{123}).
--
	Grégoire Favre
http://magma.epfl.ch/Gregoire.Favre mailto:Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com