[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdradmin-0.97-am2a

Grégoire Favre Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:00:43 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 01:20:04PM +0100, Andreas Mair wrote:

> vdradmin uses VDR's "grab" command which seems to work only with real DVB
> devices.

OK, it's not a big problem for me.

> Really? How can I make _this_ clear to John and Jane Doe that they have to
> start a program before they can use it? Well, I'll try to fix INSTALL ;-)

You have this :

Installation:

  Unpack the archive somewhere:
  $ tar xvf vdradmin-x.y.tar.gz
  $ cd vdradmin-x.y
  $ ./vdradmind.pl --config

  Some questions about the configuration will asked.

  After this, point your browser to the given parameters.

  (e.g. http://localhost:8001)

You could put this :

Installation:

  Unpack the archive somewhere:
  $ tar xvf vdradmin-x.y.tar.gz
  $ cd vdradmin-x.y
  $ ./vdradmind.pl --config

  Some questions about the configuration will asked.

  $ ./vdradmind.pl

  After this, point your browser to the given parameters.

  (e.g. http://localhost:8001)

Or modify vdradmind.pl in such a way that it start itself again
in case of a --config mode :-)

But it's really a small issue I agree, I found this vdradmind a really
nice and easy to configure daemon !!!
--
	Grégoire Favre
http://magma.epfl.ch/Gregoire.Favre mailto:Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com