[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdradmin-0.97-am2a

Frank Scherthan frank.scherthan at t-online.de
Tue Mar 22 18:48:25 CET 2005

Grégoire Favre schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> just tried it : very nice !!!
> Thank for this great tool :-)
>
> What has to be done to have a picture screenshot in "Fernseher" ?
> (I use xine, so my primary device is a pseudo device in case that could
> change anything).

 From the XINE INSTALL file:
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To be able to have VDR grab the image currently displayed in xine, you'll
need the programs "y4mscaler", "y4mtoppm", "pnmcut" and "pnmtojpeg".

On my system I use the following versions:

         y4mscaler       0.6.1
         y4mtoppm        part of mjpegtools-1.6.2
         pnmcut          part of netpbm-10.24
         pnmtojpeg       part of netpbm-10.24

By default, vdr-xine assumes to find these utilities on your PATH. But
you can
specify the absolute path to them by setting the Makefile variables
VDR_XINE_Y4MSCALER, VDR_XINE_Y4MTOPPM, VDR_XINE_PNMCUT and
VDR_XINE_PNMTOJPEG.

After installing these programms, you will see a picture in "Fernseher" :)

Frank