[vdr] CAM module doesn't work on Nexus and CI module

ocmer ocmer at home.nl
Tue Mar 22 22:23:18 CET 2005

Hello list,

I'm trying to get my CAM working on vdr 1.3.22  and vdr 1.2.6, with only
the vdr-remote-0.3.3 plugin  (http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr)
enabled.
I've got a Hauppauge CI module
(http://213.221.87.83/pages/products/data_ci-modul.html) connected to
the second Hauppauge Nexus card
(http://213.221.87.83/pages/products/data_nexus-s.html)
Accoording to the Wiki
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Supported_CAM_modules) this
configuration should support all cam's.  I've tried 3 different CAM's,
without success. The CAM's get hot, so they've got power,  but further
no results. When I use the Setup menu in vdr (both versions), I can
reset the CAM's, the log shows that that is done, but when I triy to
access the CAM menu, vdr report "Can't acces CAM menu".

The question is : What should I see in the log and on screen when I got
a working CAM ?

    Best regards,

       ocmer