[vdr] how to convert vdr to divx?

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Thu Mar 24 00:16:39 CET 2005

Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:17:18PM +0100, Gr?goire Favre wrote:
>
>>it's probably not a great idea to do the conversion in only one pass if
>>you want to keep a good quality...
>

> yep, that's my next step...to make it do a good quality two-pass transcoding.
>
> even with the default settings as in the script, the quality is reasonable.
> artifacts are only really noticable in graphics and lettering on signs etc.

Has anyone considered using vlc? I use this to create asf files, but vlc can use
any video/audio codec and mux you choose (including mpg, avi, ogg, etc.).

#!/bin/sh

FILE=$1

if [ "$FILE" = "" ]; then
  echo -e "You must specify a file name!\n"
  exit 0
fi

cat 00*.vdr|pes2ts2 0 0|ts2ps 0 0|vlc -vvv --color /dev/stdin -I telnet
--aspect-ratio 4:3 --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=756,acodec=mp3,ab=192,channels=2,deinterlace}:std{access=file,mux=asf,url=/video/'$FILE'.asf}'

echo -e "Your ASF is ready ($FILE)\n"