[vdr] Any progress on an XBMC frontend to VDR?

Michal Dobrzynski michal at appl.com.au
Thu Mar 24 13:39:29 CET 2005

On 24/03/2005, at 6:43 PM, Daniel THOMPSON wrote:

> Given the X-Box is basically a PC with a digitally restricted BIOS and
> has four USB sockets at the front then the cheapest HTPC (and in an
> only marginally ugly case) is an X-Box with a budget USB DVB-T
> adapter. For real hack value it might even be possible to cram the
> DVB-T main board inside the X-Box!
>
> Using X-Box Linux you can run VDR directly on the X-Box *without* a
> second PC.

I'd considered that but it wouldn't be practical. DVB-T USB adapters
really need USB 2.0 not 1.1 and I also have 2 DVB-T PCI adapters and
plan on getting a 3rd (for the occasions where 2 channels are being
recorded and I want to watch/record a 3rd. Rare but it does happen when
the networks decide to compete for a timeslot)

Apart from that it would prevent me from running XBMC on the XBox and
that would vastly reduce it's usefulness as a multimedia frontend.

Regards,
Michal