[vdr] how to convert vdr to divx?

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Fri Mar 25 01:01:04 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:44:45AM +0100, Carsten Koch wrote:
> I thought that the whole point of mutipass divx encoding is to achieve
> a better quality at the same bitrate. Am I wrong here? Are you sure
> you specified the same bitrate for both experiments?
>
> And, just for benchmark purposes, have you tried a low bitrate for
> both one-pass and three-pass, so you can see the differences easier?

i'm not interested enough to find out.

if 3-pass can't get noticably better results even with a significantly
higher bit-rate (i tried it with VBR=1800) then it's not worth the time
to experiment with the same br. at least, it's not worth my time.

one-pass is good enough for me. quality is excellent, and size is good.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)