[vdr] vdr-xine: what's wrong with this piece of code -- threading issue?

Stefan Taferner taferner at kde.org
Fri Mar 25 08:15:58 CET 2005

On Friday 25 March 2005 00:18, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing a deadlock situation, when the below code is modified to
> ignore the "r == 0" cases (= original code in vdr-xine-0.7.2):

r==0 means that there is no data available. Are you sure you want
to block in xread until data is available?

If you want to ignore the r==0 cases, why don't you simply open
the file in blocking mode (remove O_NONBLOCK from xineLib.c:2160) ?

If you want to wait for data (and keep the non-blocking) you should wait some
time (200ms or so). If you are not sure about the cPoller, use the select
function with a timeout. Then you get exact error codes and all that.

Kind regards,
Stefan