[vdr] HDTV material

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 13:48:34 CET 2005

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 01:18:09PM +0100, Tomas Prybil wrote:
> Happy Easter to all of You vdr listers!
>
> I'm looking for some recorded HDTV material to start the exploration of
> HDTV. I currently doesn't own a budget card and as I understand from
> reading not able to record the available streams.

Hm, my own understanding of it was that you can certainly record HDTV
streams from a FF card - after all it's just data at a high bitrate -
but to actually replay, you will need a software decoder like vdr-xine
or softdevice, because the FF cards are simply incapable of displaying
HDTV resolutions / decoding MPEG2 that fast.

Cheers,
Gavin