[vdr] How to get a notification of a completed transponder scan?

Thomas Bergwinkl bergwinkl.thomas at vr-web.de
Sun Mar 27 18:25:24 CEST 2005

Luca Olivetti wrote:

> I just couldn't wait ;-)
> WDYT about the attached patch?
>
>+  if (sdt.getSectionNumber() == sdt.getLastSectionNumber()) {
>+     endOfScan = true;
>+     //printf ("sdt, end of scan\n");
>+     }

When you have received the last section, you don't know if you really
received all sections. Perhaps the section with the last sectionnumber
is the one you received first. So I think you have to check if really
all section were received.

Furthermore I think it is not enough to wait only for sdt data. It would
be better if you also wait for pmt data (so that the scanned channels
have also VPid, APid, ...). Have a look at pat.c.

Thomas