[vdr] How to get a notification of a completed transponder scan?

Thomas Bergwinkl bergwinkl.thomas at vr-web.de
Sun Mar 27 19:03:22 CEST 2005

Luca Olivetti wrote:

> Thomas Bergwinkl wrote:
> > Luca Olivetti wrote:
> >
> >>I just couldn't wait ;-)
> >>WDYT about the attached patch?
> >>
> >>+  if (sdt.getSectionNumber() == sdt.getLastSectionNumber()) {
> >>+     endOfScan = true;
> >>+     //printf ("sdt, end of scan\n");
> >>+     }
> >

> > When you have received the last section, you don't know if
> you really
> > received all sections. Perhaps the section with the last
> sectionnumber
> > is the one you received first. So I think you have to check
> if really
> > all section were received.
>
> But this should have been taken care already by the
> sectionSyncer.Sync
> at the beginning (i.e. it should get to this line only after having
> received all sections).

Yes, you are right. I missed this line with sectionSyncer.Sync. Sorry.

> > Furthermore I think it is not enough to wait only for sdt
> data. It would
> > be better if you also wait for pmt data (so that the
> scanned channels
> > have also VPid, APid, ...). Have a look at pat.c.
>
> I'll look into it. What about eit.c and nit.c?

eit is just for epg data (I think) so we don't need it for a channel
scan.
And for a fast channel scan I think it is not necessary to wait for data
of nit. When you look in nit.c you can see that just transponderdata
(Source, Frequency, Polarization, SymbolRate, CodeRate) will be updated.
But if we have already tuned to this channel (for scanning), we already
know them.

Thomas