[vdr] HDTV -> mpeg4

Prakash Punnoor prakashp at arcor.de
Mon Mar 28 15:24:13 CEST 2005

Ulf Elsner schrieb:
> I used projectX to demux and correct the .vdr-Files, then video and audio are
> multiplexed again to a mpg-file.
> Afterwards I used ffmpeg to encode the film (in two passes):
> ffmpeg -i Inputfile.mpg -vcodec mpeg4 -pass 1 -passlogfile logfile -ac 2
> -acodec mp3 -ab 128 -sameq -hq outfile.avi

What kind of CPU do you have and how high is CPU usage. I was just playing
around with xvid (I have no experience with it) an mencoder, but 1080i is not
playable for me anymore. I have an Athlon XP at 2.2GHz. The mpeg2 file is no
problem though. I will try your setting, though.

--
Prakash Punnoor

formerly known as Prakash K. Cheemplavam