[vdr] HDTV -> mpeg4

Ulf Elsner uelsner at gmx.de
Mon Mar 28 16:34:27 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 28. März 2005 15:24 schrieb Prakash Punnoor:

> What kind of CPU do you have and how high is CPU usage. I was just playing
> around with xvid (I have no experience with it) an mencoder, but 1080i is
> not playable for me anymore. I have an Athlon XP at 2.2GHz. The mpeg2 file is
> no problem though. I will try your setting, though.

Hi Prakash,

well I've got an AMD Athlon64 3000+, CPU load during encoding is 100% ;-),
while replaying I got different values with gmplayer (about 50 to 60%) and
xine (100%, dropping frames, sometimes missing audio).
With the original mpeg2-file (*.vdr), xine is able to play audio too, but
CPU-load is similar.
So far I don't know why xine is 'slower'.
It's the first attempt to record and play HDTV-material.

Cheers,

Ulf