[vdr] Xine - with network support?

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Tue Mar 29 12:42:27 CEST 2005

In my experience 11M WLAN is not fast enough for a DVB streaming. The
actual throughput of WLAN network can be as slow as 1/3 or even 1/5 of
the theoretical throughput. The actual speed depends on the hardware and
software you (and your neighbors) have...

You should try what's the maximum TCP streaming throughput of your WLAN
using e.g. ftp or scp, and then go to the nearest computer shop and buy
a 54M WLAN :-)

					Teemu