[vdr] How to get a synced demux from vdr recordings

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Thu Mar 31 21:51:52 CEST 2005

C.Y.M wrote:
> What would be cool is
> to have the ability to detect the number of cuts in a recording to automatically
> adjust for the audio loss to create better A/V sync

I usually let VDR keep recording fragments in separate files, so each
break corresponds to one file change. To get mpeg2 material, I demux
each part separately using ProjectX (use file collections) and do a
final frame-precise re-cut with Cuttermaran (unfortunately .NET only).

On the other hand, I never had sync problems on demuxing, PX always
filled the gaps quite well.

Cheers,

Udo