[vdr] How to get a synced demux from vdr recordings

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Thu Mar 31 22:22:43 CEST 2005

Udo Richter wrote:
> On the other hand, I never had sync problems on demuxing, PX always
> filled the gaps quite well.

PX does have the ability to keep good sync, but, when it fills in the audio gaps
after dropping frames, thats when I wind up having lots of skips during
playback.  Also, PX does not work for me all the time.. Sometimes I am forced to
use vdrsync when PX fails.  Im mainly trying to find a solution that will work
99% of the time with good sync.  I have a feeling that most of my problems are
due to using NTSC vs. PAL.  PX is a great tool but it is definitly optimized for
PAL and I need a stable solution for NTSC if possible.

Best Regards,
C.Y.M.