[vdr] mp3 plugin : image corruption

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 13:07:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

Simon Baxter wrote:

>>I'm running VDR-1.3.33, vdr-xine-0.7.6 and vdr-mp3-0.9.13 (the latter
>>with no source changes) and cannot reproduce your behaviour, at least
>>not with just two sample images for two sample mp3 files.
>
> I'm just trying to replicate your setup now.  But the 0.7.6 vdr-xine
> won't compile, so am trying to get a new xine CVS to patch and complile,

 From the error messages I'd conclude that you didn't patch (compile and
install) your xine with the patches contained in vdr-xine-0.7.6.

> but the xine-ui won't checkout..?
> I'm getting "cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult
> above messages if any)"
> xine-lib checked out fine.

Well, this depends on the load at sourceforge.net. Just give it a
further try some time later.

As there have been many changes in xine CVS I'm not sure whether my
patches can be applied without failure. I still use the (most recent)
snapshot available on my homepage.

>>Maybe it has something to do with xine: how do run xine?
>
> I use sessions in gnome to automatically run the attached script.
> Nothing clever...

Well, as your command line doesn't specify any output drivers (-V / -A)
I cannot verify this on my system. You may want to send me your
~/.xine/config.

In my test from yesterday I ran xine like this:

xine --verbose=2 -V xv -A alsa -L
-Dtvtime:method=Greedy2Frame,cheap_mode=0,pulldown=0,use_progressive_frame_flag=1
--post vdr_video --post vdr_audio vdr:/tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de