[vdr] Updating menu items from separate thread

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Fri Oct 7 15:59:32 CEST 2005

Tobias Grimm wrote:
> Now I want to update the text of the cOsdItem's from a separate thread,
> which I do basically this way:
>
> [..]
>
> But this doesn't seem to work very well. Sometimes only some of the
> cOsdItems are correctly shown with the new text, sometimes parts of the
> menu are completly invisible until I move the selection cursor over this
> area.

I don't think that updating menus from other threads is allowed by
design. My suggestion is to take a look on how the dynamic updating
recordings menu works in vdr-1.3.33 and newer. Basically, a background
thread collects the data, and the foreground thread updates the menu on
the next ProcessKey(kNone) call.

Cheers,

Udo