[vdr] Thread priority of cutting thread in vdr

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Sun Oct 9 14:18:10 CEST 2005

Helmut Auer wrote:
> Hi,
>>> Hi Klaus, while you are at it: would it be difficult to
>>> allow more than one concurrent cutting thread?
>>>

> Concurrent cutting threads would decrease the cutting performance. A
> queue for cutting would be more helpful like in this patch:
> http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Cutterqueue-patch

I agree.
 From the user's standpoint the important points are:
I would like to cut many recordings, I do not want to wait for
the current cutting to complete before I can start the next one
and I would not like the current cutting to slow down my work
on the next one or any other interactive use of VDR.
I suppose petri's patches support this very well.
Has anyone tried them in the latest VDR?

Carsten.