[vdr] Thread priority of cutting thread in vdr

Ralf Müller rmvdr at bj-ig.de
Tue Oct 11 10:48:21 CEST 2005

On Dienstag 11 Oktober 2005 09:45, jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
wrote:
> > If you're using the current developer version, simply put a call to
> >
> >    SetPriority(19);
> >
> > at the beginning of cCuttingThread::Action().
> > Let me know if this helps, the I'll add it to the official code.
>
> I agree with the later messages stating that cutting queue is much
> better choice. Also one reader proposed that usleep could be used to
> limit bandwidth, and had 5MB/s reduction in cutting speed.

I would also suggest a bigger block size when copying data - seek
operations on a hard disk a much more limiting then IO speed. Currently
the maximum is 500k - this results in a lot of unnecessary separate
seek/read seek/write operations.

Regards
Ralf

--
       An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.